Dose titration along with careful lab monitoring helps customize Revcovi treatment to each patient’s individual needs. Dosing schedule may differ for patients transitioning from Adagen® (pegademase bovine) to Revcovi and Adagen-naïve patients.1
- Revcovi® (elapegademase-lvlr) Injection prescribing information. Leadiant Biosciences, Inc.; 2018.
Revcovi (elapegademase-lvlr) is indicated for the treatment of adenosine deaminase severe combined immune deficiency (ADA-SCID) in pediatric and adult patients.
Important safety information
Warnings and precautions:
- Injection site bleeding in patients with thrombocytopenia: Increased risk of local bleeding in patients with thrombocytopenia; should not be used if thrombocytopenia is severe.
- Delay in improvement of immune function: Protect immune deficient patients from infections until improvement in immune function.
The most commonly reported adverse reactions were cough and vomiting.
In addition, the following post-marketing reports for the same class of enzyme replacement therapy used in the treatment of ADA-SCID, may also be seen with Revcovi treatment:
- Hematologic events: hemolytic anemia, autoimmune hemolytic anemia, thrombocythemia, thrombocytopenia and autoimmune thrombocytopenia
- Dermatological events: injection site erythema, urticaria
Important monitoring information:
Treatment with Revcovi should be monitored by measuring trough plasma ADA activity and trough dAXP levels for maintenance of therapeutic targets. If a persistent decline in plasma ADA activity occurs, immune function and clinical status should be monitored closely, and precautions should be taken to minimize the risk of infection.
Please refer to Revcovi’s Full Prescribing Information.